Friday, February 22, 2013

TRILOGY | PART THREE: 39 HOURS IN NEW YORK WITH THE CFDA, JEN MEYER, FINN, GREGROY PARKINSON & FEATURING NEMO

Yes, as everyone was trying to escape New York, I was one of the crazies who flew into Blizzard Nemo, but Nemo be damned, I had a lot of ground to cover in a very short time. I was determined to visit Finn, surprise Gregory Parkinson during his NYFW presentation and attend Jen Meyer's CFDA presentation at Milk Studios that evening.


First stop was at Finn's Studio to meet designer Candice Pool and see the new collection. I just have to say 'Wow'. I have a love affair with the Finn aesthetic and the new designs were so beautiful, I just cannot wait to receive them! Candice and Karly were appropriately prepared for Nemo with their cute Hunter boots, and I was getting the impression I needed to buy a heavier hooded jacket to ride out the rest of my stay. I found a great Canada Goose jacket nearby (which pup Tuey is still barking at, as it has a coyote lined hood).


Following a quick surprise pop in to see daughter Alysa, who was hosting a blogger event at Jack Rogers (great new metallic Jacks collection!), I was off to Gregory Parkinson's at the hot spot Nomad Hotel. Gregory's collection was divine. Think elegant party separates in rich laces and overdyed, embellished and embroidered fabrics. The presentation was packed with press, and it was wonderful to see friend David Rees of Ten Thousand Things, who along with partner Ron Anderson, made the custom jewelry for the bohemian chic collection.



The CFDA event was over the top. Each winning designer (Elder Statesman, Jen Meyer and Tabitha Simmons) had a giant studio space to display their collections. Naturally, my date Alysa Teichman and I spent the most time at Jen's, along with Diane von Furstenberg (CFDA President and Jennifer Meyer's new mentor), Steven Kolb (CFDA CEO), Jen's husband Tobey Maguire, Leo DiCaprio, and many other friends and fashion luminaries. But the star was the jewelry and we are excited to be carrying the explosion of new designs.



Friday night Nemo blew in, but by Saturday, the great meltdown started. Alysa and I enjoyed brunch and a bit of shopping, including a hit at Trader Joe's goodies as a departing Mom to Daughter gift.


And with that, it was back to Dallas. I couldn't change into my slippers fast enough to hang out with Charles and the pups. Travel is great, but there's no place like home. Period.

No comments: